Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Photo of the Month: September 2013

The Lost World
The Lost World, Rannoch Moor

29th September 2013, Rannoch Moor

By the time I reached Rannoch Moor [Mòinteach Raineach] the sun had set.  I parked just off the road near the bridge over the River Ba and headed west on foot following the river through peat hags.  When I found the exposed and bleached tree roots I knew I had to use them but the ground was moving like a sponge.  Even the slightest of vibrations would have ruined the shot so the 10-sec timer was used to allow sufficient time for me to reach terra firma and for the tripod to settle again. The River Ba is in the middle distance with The Black Mount [Am Monadh Dubh] behind.

Technical Info:

Taken with a Canon EOS 5D mkII
Zeiss Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZE lens
EXIF: ISO-100 / 4 sec / f/11
Lee filters: 0.6 Hard GND
RAW File converted to TIFF in Canon DPP, developed in Adobe PSE9


No comments:

Post a Comment