Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

Photo of the Month: April 2013

Buoy racers
Buoy Racers, Aberdour Boat Club, Fife

30th April 2013, Aberdour Boat Club, Fife. 

The tide was retreating rapidly when I arrived.  Being a Spring low-tide it more or less drained the harbour of water as I wandered amongst the small craft.  The tidal range is quite significant.  I was quite a distance from the rear of the harbour when I took this, with the majority of small craft being behind me.  I waited for the sun to set, for the sky to 'cool' down and used the reflections off the stony harbour basin to create a very contrasty scene with deep hues and dark shadows.  The yellow buoy and the snaking cable lead the eye perfectly.  


Technical Info:

Taken with a Canon EOS 5D mkII
Zeiss Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZE lens
EXIF: ISO-100 / 3 sec / f/13
Lee filters: 0.6 Soft GND
RAW File converted to TIFF in Canon DPP, developed in Adobe PSE9


No comments:

Post a Comment